Sunday, March 15, 2020

The protestations of St Peter

Saint Matthew - Chapter 26


The protestations of St Peter. J-J Tissot
[30] Et hymno dicto, exierunt in montem Oliveti.
And a hymn being said, they went out unto mount Olivet.

[31] Tunc dicit illis Jesus : Omnes vos scandalum patiemini in me in ista nocte. Scriptum est enim : Percutiam pastorem, et dispergentur oves gregis.
Then Jesus said to them: All you shall be scandalized in me this night. For it is written: I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be dispersed.

[32] Postquam autem resurrexero, praecedam vos in Galilaeam.
But after I shall be risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

St Peter. J-J Tissot
[33] Respondens autem Petrus, ait illi : Et si omnes scandalizati fuerint in te, ego numquam scandalizabor.
And Peter answering, said to him: Although all shall be scandalized in thee, I will never be scandalized.

[34] Ait illi Jesus : Amen dico tibi, quia in hac nocte, antequam gallus cantet, ter me negabis.
Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, that in this night before the cock crow, thou wilt deny me thrice.

[35] Ait illi Petrus : Etiamsi oportuerit me mori tecum, non te negabo. Similiter et omnes discipuli dixerunt.
Peter saith to him: Yea, though I should die with thee, I will not deny thee. And in like manner said all the disciples.






Totus tuus ego sum 
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam 

No comments:

Post a Comment