Monday, February 17, 2020

Jesus walked in Solomon's porch

Saint John - Chapter 10


Jesus walked in Solomon's porch. J-J Tissot
[23] Et ambulabat Jesus in templo, in porticu Salomonis.
And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch.

[24] Circumdederunt ergo eum Judaei, et dicebant ei : Quousque animam nostram tollis? si tu es Christus, dic nobis palam.
The Jews therefore came round about him, and said to him: How long dost thou hold our souls in suspense? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

[25] Respondit eis Jesus : Loquor vobis, et non creditis : opera quae ego facio in nomine Patris mei, haec testimonium perhibent de me:
Jesus answered them: I speak to you, and you believe not: the works that I do in the name of my Father, they give testimony of me.

[26] sed vos non creditis, quia non estis ex ovibus meis.
But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep.

[27] Oves meae vocem meam audiunt, et ego cognosco eas, et sequuntur me :
My sheep hear my voice: and I know them, and they follow me.

[28] et ego vitam aeternam do eis, et non peribunt in aeternum, et non rapiet eas quisquam de manu mea.
And I give them life everlasting; and they shall not perish for ever, and no man shall pluck them out of my hand.

[29] Pater meus quod dedit mihi, majus omnibus est : et nemo potest rapere de manu Patris mei.
That which my Father hath given me, is greater than all: and no one can snatch them out of the hand of my Father.

[30] Ego et Pater unum sumus.
I and the Father are one.

[31] Sustulerunt ergo lapides Judaei, ut lapidarent eum.
The Jews then took up stones to stone him.

[32] Respondit eis Jesus : Multa bona opera ostendi vobis ex Patre meo : propter quod eorum opus me lapidatis?
Jesus answered them: Many good works I have shewed you from my Father; for which of these works do you stone me?

[33] Responderunt ei Judaei : De bono opere non lapidamus te, sed de blasphemia; et quia tu homo cum sis, facis teipsum Deum.
The Jews answered him: For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, maketh thyself God.

[34] Respondit eis Jesus : Nonne scriptum est in lege vestra, Quia ego dixi : Dii estis?
Jesus answered them: Is it not written in your law: I said you are gods?

[35] Si illos dixit deos, ad quos sermo Dei factus est, et non potest solvi Scriptura :
If he called them gods, to whom the word of God was spoken, and the scripture cannot be broken;

[36] quem Pater sanctificavit, et misit in mundum vos dicitis : Quia blasphemas, quia dixi : Filius Dei sum?
Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God?

[37] Si non facio opera Patris mei, nolite credere mihi.
If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

[38] Si autem facio : etsi mihi non vultis credere, operibus credite, ut cognoscatis, et credatis quia Pater in me est, et ego in Patre.
But if I do, though you will not believe me, believe the works: that you may know and believe that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

[39] Quaerebant ergo eum apprehendere : et exivit de manibus eorum.
They sought therefore to take him; and he escaped out of their hands.

Totus tuus ego sum 
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam 


No comments:

Post a Comment