Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Jesus speaking in the Treasury

Saint John - Chapter 8


Jesus speaking in the Treasury. J-J Tissot
[19] Dicebant ergo ei : Ubi est Pater tuus? Respondit Jesus : Neque me scitis, neque Patrem meum : si me sciretis, forsitan et Patrem meum sciretis.
They said therefore to him: Where is thy Father? Jesus answered: Neither me do you know, nor my Father: if you did know me, perhaps you would know my Father also.

[20] Haec verba locutus est Jesus in gazophylacio, docens in templo : et nemo apprehendit eum, quia necdum venerat hora ejus.
These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, teaching in the temple: and no man laid hands on him, because his hour was not yet come.

Totus tuus ego sum 
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam 


No comments:

Post a Comment